The Silver W12 active subwoofer’s 500 watt DSP controlled amplifier utilises advanced switch-mode power conversion techniques and superior processing to increase dynamic control and deliver far greater head-room. A sealed box construction ensures tight, fast and tuneful bass all the way down to a thunderous 22Hz in a typical room set up.
Monitor Audio Silver W12 Subwoofer
- Ultra long throw 12” driver featuring concave ‘dished’ C-CAM® (Ceramic-Coated Aluminium/Magnesium) cone.
- Triple suspended driver for ultimate linearity, ensuring control at high power and long excursions.
- Oversized black anodized 3” driver voice coil provides high power handling and low distortion.
- Powerful 500 watt RMS Class-D amplifier ensures instantaneous high current delivery.
- DSP processing with driver optimisation and crossover performed digitally.
- Monitor Audio developed Automatic Position Correction® (APC) optimises response for room acoustics.
- USB input for firmware updates.
- Three pre-set EQ mode settings (Music, Movie, Impact).
- 12 volt trigger provides switching control from AV amp or processor.
- 25mm (1”) MDF construction.
- Heavy radial cabinet bracing.
- Top mounted control panel for easy access to main features.
- Selected real wood veneer or high gloss piano finishes.
Low Frequency Response
20Hz (Typical IEC room)
Upper Frequency Limit
40 – 120Hz Variable
Low Pass Filter Alignment
Active 4th order 24dB/Octave
Amplifier Power Output
Class-D amplifier with Switch mode power supply (SMPSU)
Bass EQ Profiles
1: Movie, 2: Music, 3: Impact
0 & 81 degrees
Line Level >2mV
Input Level Requirements
Standby after 20 minutes if no signal sensed
1 x 12″ C-CAM® sub-woofer driver featuring triple suspension and 3″ long throw voice coil
12v Trigger Input
5 – 12v via 3.5mm mono mini-jack socket
Cabinet Dimensions: (H x W x D) (Excluding Grille & Amp)
340 x 340 x 380mm
(13 3/8 x 13 3/8 x 14 15/16 inch)
Cabinet Dimensions: (H x W x D) (Including Grille, Amp & Feet)
370 x 340 x 410mm
(14 9/16 x 13 3/8 x 16 1/8 inch)
Mains Input Voltage
110 – 120 Vac / 220 – 240 Vac 50/60Hz (Electronically Auto selected)
400 Watts / 0.5 Watts in Standby (ErP approved)
20.1Kg (44 lb 4 oz)